Re: [RFI] Are newer LG models still RF quiet??? - Washing Machine RFI re

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Are newer LG models still RF quiet??? - Washing Machine RFI revisited
From: Steve Dyer <w1srd@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 13:47:19 -0700
Must vary with model. Mine has the linear compressor too and does not make such a noise.
Steve
W1SRD
Be careful with the new LG linear compressor refrigerators. Mine outputs low level spurs every 2 kHz on 40m Obviously, noise level is a function of orientation between the appliance, antenna and if used, ladder or open feeder lines. The main radiating source comes from the CPU/Display. The root noise may, or may not have anything to do with the linear compressor. Once I get my hands on disassembly instructions I'm going in - warranty or voided warranty.

In the U.S., we *really* need an amended Part 95 to include unintentional radiation from appliances and all sub-assemblies used within an appliance.

Paul, W9AC

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Dyer" <w1srd@yahoo.com>