[RFI] RFI Identification Help

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] RFI Identification Help
From: "Doug Scribner" <dscribner@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 19:22:36 -0500
Symptoms:

Primarily on 160. Although it is also present on 40 and 80. It is much stronger
on 160

Only on at night...after dark.

Cycles On and Off at set intervals. 20 seconds On and 30 seconds Off.

Produces S4-5 spikes every 2.5 to 3 Kc

A neighbor less than 1/4 mile away recently installed an electric fence. I do
see regular spikes, very short in duration. Not really that much of an issue.

I have verified that it does not come from within my house.

I have a picture of the interference on my SM-5000 station monitor if anyone
thinks that would help.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. It has really put a damper on my
160 operation.

Doug - K1ZO