[RFI] 160 M triggers my lawn sprinklers

To: Group RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] 160 M triggers my lawn sprinklers
From: rick darwicki <n6pe@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 14:06:42 -0800 (PST)
Hi all,

I have ferrite on the power, rain sensor and all the leads going into my
controller and no problems on other bands, but 1500 W on 160 triggers my new
Rain Bird sprinkler controller.
I had .01 bypass caps on the inputs to the old controller and that solved the
problem. Hanging them on the controller looks messy.

Question, is it better or worse to bypass the ends of the lines at the valves?
or should I bypass both?

I was never able to cure the problem with just ferrites (HF and LF)

Thanks

Rick, N6PE