Re: [RFI] RFI in the news

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI in the news
From: Alan NV8A <nv8a@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2013 08:13:28 -0500
Especially when people have messed with (extended, rerouted, spliced) the coax in their homes and left everything leaking like a sieve,

73

Alan NV8A

On 12/06/13 07:14 pm, W5JR.Mike wrote:
This is the great "TV White Spaces" project. Once the channels above 21 are repurposed for more wireless broadband
(known as "600 MHz" despite including a large chunk of 500 MHz) save for channel 37 (astronomical use) and channels in
the "duplex gap", and the remaining UHF TV is "repacked" into channels 14-21 (and some upper VHF, 7-13),
there likely won't be much, if any, "White Space" left.

And again, the traditional cable TV plant, while using DTV like signaling,
still utilizes the same channel assignments as over the air broadcasts. So,
more interaction between a wireless phone/tablet and a cable system is on the
horizon.

tnx
Mike / W5JR