Re: [RFI] Headphone Hum

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Headphone Hum
From: donovanf@starpower.net
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 10:23:32 -0500 (EST)
Gary,

This definitely is an off topic post, but its such a common and easily solved
problem that its worthy of a reply.

The Pyle PHE300 2-Channel Hum/Noise Destroyer is an inexpensive and extremely
effective solution
to sound card related hum and noise problems, its almost a silver bullet.

Its I/O jacks are 1/4" stereo, so you'll need adapters.

http://www.pyleaudio.com/sku/PHE300/2-Channel-HumNoise-Destroyer

The Pyle PHE300 so inexpensive it isn't worth the time and effort to build your
own transformer isolation box.
A Google search will discover many suppliers at prices of $15 to $20 including
shipping, for example:

http://www.amazon.com/PYLE-PRO-PHE300-2-Channel-Destroyer-Outputs/dp/B00BARTW3I

You should be aware that almost all off-the-shelf audio cables are N O T
shielded.
In most cases it doesn't matter, but in some cases it does.
A Google search will discover suppliers of inexpensive shielded audio cables .

73
Frank
W3LPL