Re: [RFI] Noise Phasing?

To: mstangelo@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [RFI] Noise Phasing?
From: "Kenneth G. Gordon" <kgordon2006@frontier.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 10:41:22 -0700
On 24 Mar 2014 at 13:29, mstangelo@comcast.net wrote:

> Ken,
>
> I am looking for a quite 12 vdc to 115vac inverter. What is the model you are
> using?
>
> 73,
>
> Mike N2MS

Hello, Mike.

>From info I received on this list, I recently bought a unit made by Samlex
which is specifically designed to 1) output a pure sine wave AC, and 2) is
specifically designed to be as "quiet", RF wise as possible for use with
medical equipment.

I bought my unit, a 350 watt unit, from a seller on eBay who is MOST helpful.
It cost a little less than $150.00.

I also bought, in desperation, a very small 75 watt unit from our local Radio
Shack store which was advertised as being fully in compliance with the
FCC's part 15B rules on RFI.

Much to my extreme surprise, it is completely quiet. I can hear absolutely
zero noise from it on my NM-20B which operates from it. It obviously DOES
meet FCC part 15B rules on RFI. There simply isn't any noise output at all.

It comes in a small, plastic package colored green. I'll look up the model
number and post it here for anyone interested.

The same company makes one good for 150 watts, but I bought the smaller
one since my equipment only draws 25 watts, and I figured that if worst came
to worst, I could more easily filter the output of the smaller one than a
larger
one.

Fortunately, I did not have to do anything to it. It turned out to be perfect.

Ken W7EKB