[RFI] Grow-lights -->Here<--

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Grow-lights -->Here<--
From: "David Mulvey" <kd6bzn@dslextreme.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 21:48:07 -0700
Here is a simple idea:

If you're convinced there's something illegal going on in the
noise-source-house, being a mile away, if you mail them a letter without a
return address (or use the local dog catcher address), they should not suspect
you sent it.  Give them the data you collected, list the RFI rules that are
being broke (intentionally or not), and let them know the pending search party
by the FCC/PoPo.  Give them a few ideas on how to correct the noise themselves.
 Give them time so they don't panic and shoot the next guy with an antenna on
their house.  Assume they will want to correct their silly mistake of
advertising that they have a grow house in the hood.  Give them a copy of your
Google Map with the Pin on the noise source.  Tell them how to use a cheap
shortwave/AM radio to verify the noise source and how to verify their
corrective measures.

Continue reading at your own risk (gun talk):

I'd buy a gun and keep it close anyway.  The police/sheriff can only guarantee
they will be there later to do the paperwork if something bad happens, unless
you work with them in advance...

Also, the feds can't even build a website.   There is little reason to expect
they would accommodate a few hams that sit in their basement for 36 hours with
an hour break for air : )
The ARRL is the better way, but as an ARRL member, and being that you know a
thing or two about finding noise, you could be that ARRL guy that works for
free whenever the city gets a call when somebody's TV goes out.  I'm not
mocking this idea, but get friends together and form a team to find noise.  See
if the local club has an interest in assisting the local city.  That should
earn some City-Mayor-Points for later when field day comes around.

Dave KD6BZN