Re: [RFI] broadcasting interference

To: "'Tom Thompson'" <tlthompson@qwest.net>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] broadcasting interference
From: "Jorge Diez - CX6VM" <cx6vm.jorge@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 19:35:30 -0300
Hi Tom

Ok will do that, thanks for the help

73,
Jorge
CX6VM/CW5W

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Tom Thompson [mailto:tlthompson@qwest.net]
Enviado el: domingo, 13 de abril de 2014 05:40 p.m.
Para: Jorge Diez - CX6VM; rfi@contesting.com
Asunto: Re: [RFI] broadcasting interference

Hi Jorge,

I would first confirm the reception on a different antenna and receiver.
Also, see if it occurs every 10 kHz below 3500. It sounds like it might be
in their equipment. I recall a similar situation where there was a 10 kHz
oscillation in a power supply that was causing the signal to reappear every
10 kHz from the fundamental. Just guessing, however.

Tom W0IVJ