[RFI] Identify RFI on 7.2MHz

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Identify RFI on 7.2MHz
From: ac2ev <ac2ev@frontier.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 07:44:16 -0400
This appears on 40m pretty localized to 7.2 to 7.3 MHz (at least in the amateur
portion)
RIG: Elecraft K3
Hustler 6BTV ground mounted, 1000 feet or radial field

Noise is present running off battery (all AC in house off) and AC mains
Noise is present day and night. Though sometimes it's not as loud at random
times it seems.
all utilities are under ground

Tried DFing it using an AM radio but I don't hear it. I also tried taking my
Yaesu VX-3 and hooked it up to vertical but the HT isn't sensitive enough. I
can barely hear the RFI over the static.

I've listened to various other RFI snippets and it doesn't sound like any of
them. There's no clicking or chirping just the wide-band buzzing.

Hopefully this video will play, it may take a few seconds to load
https://www.flickr.com/photos/kc2vgc/13940702804/

Ideas?

73
AC2EV - Don