Re: [RFI] FCC contact?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] FCC contact?
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 16:14:57 -0400
If I were the FCC, I would tell you to go away until you have localized it more. They don't have the resources to come out in the field any locate every noise source. Unless I missed it in an earlier message, you haven't even described the noise.

I would certainly get with local hams and try DFing it. Even a simple 2M handi with AM receive in the aircraft band can do the job. For better results, replace the rubber ducky with a resonant dipole, or even better, a Moxon (see QST 10 years or so ago)

If it sounds like powerline noise (60 or 120-Hz component), have you contacted the power company? They *may* have excellent capabilities.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.