Re: [RFI] Recommended Handheld VHF-UHF Yagi?

To: dave@nk7z.net
Subject: Re: [RFI] Recommended Handheld VHF-UHF Yagi?
From: "qrv@kd4e.com" <qrv@kd4e.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 22:06:22 -0400
I will add it to the list of needs "It will tune 160m through 10m."

Right now I need something handheld & directional for VHF/UHF to
use with a Pro92 that is on the way here.

I have a handheld AM-FM-SW receiver which ferrite-loop is somewhat
directional & due to the HF-RFI level has no trouble finding signal,
now I need to narrow it down & am told VHF-AM with a small yagi
antenna is the way to go.

The local utility only has the AM receiver in their truck (useless)
and an ultrasonic receiver with a dead & possibly unobtanium
battery pack ... so I need to show them the way ...

Thanks - David KD4E

> David Cole wrote:
I'd build a loop.  In fact I am building the loop described here:
http://tomthompson.com/radio/ReceivingLoop/loop.html
Very well documented loop build.

--

David Colburn, KD4E - Nevils, Georgia USA

Safe & Secure Search Engine: duckduckgo.com