Re: [RFI] Ferrite Question...

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Ferrite Question...
From: Al K0VM via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 16:52:37 -0500
If there is rf on the outside of the feed line then the feedline is a part of the antenna SYSTEM and a part of the impedance presented to the radio. If there is rf on the feedline then adding a ferrite snapped on around the feedline will change antenna SYSTEM and thus the impedance presented to the radio. The change may or may not be beneficial to the radio and/or radiation efficiency.

If the feed line is not a part of the antenna system ( no currents on the outside of the feed line ) then other things are more predictable.

AL, K0VM