[RFI] Looking for low-RFI high efficiency lighting

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Looking for low-RFI high efficiency lighting
From: Kelly Johnson <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 22:20:46 -0700
I am looking for high efficiency lighting (CFL/LED) for a new kitchen, but
I don't want an increase in RFI as a result.  Building codes now require at
least 50% of the wattage in the kitchen to be from high efficiency (ie.
non-incandescent) lighting.  No, I don't want to install high efficiency
stuff and then replace it after the inspector leaves.

I read the Oct 2013 QST article on this topic and it basically suggests
that most name-brand LED lights with FCC approvals will probably be ok, but
it's a bit of a gamble.  They suggest trying various brands, etc.

Since this is a brand new kitchen, I may have more options than just
looking for low-RFI bulbs.  All of the electrical will be getting done from
scratch.  Are there things others have done in their new construction to
use high efficiency lighting without an increase in RFI?  I'm looking for
known solutions.  I'm looking for people that have actually installed
things that work.