[RFI] From Topband- Warbling Noise around 3513 khz.???? Opinions sought.

To: <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] From Topband- Warbling Noise around 3513 khz.???? Opinions sought.
From: "Tim Duffy" <k3lr@k3lr.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 12:48:59 -0400

I have the same type noise here,  mine reads 3513.3 warbles,  at times
sounds a little unstable,
its on the antenna for sure,  I have all underground utilities no close
neighbors and nothing on in
the home.  Quiet  location,  no smart meter on this house at least.  So
far I have not been able to
find the source.  SO interested in what comes to light here.
73 Merv K9FD/KH6

> Good Day, Like most I am trying to prepare for Top Band season.  I have a
mystery noise which Warlbes and slightly shifts Freq. centering around
3513.5 Khz.I can disconnect most everything in house, including Modems,
Computers, Fluorescents,TVs, Gadgets and am down to using a 12V battery on
the K3, connected to any outside antenna, including RX ant., and can still
hear this noise. Anyone experience this type noise around this frequency?
And what have you found?Possible Smart meter noise?  But it is pretty
constant, there all the time, not on and off periodically.  About all I can
conclude so far.I usually have a pin drop quiet environment here on the
island where utilities are underground and want to find the source. Thanks
for any comments.

ValN4RJ