[RFI] Switchers ...

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Switchers ...
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 17:01:14 -0600
OK, so all the manufacturers show the RFI suppression in their
submissions to the FCC and they all "forget" those parts once they get
to manufacturing.  The FCC doesn't care.  No one cares but us.

What is the best, generic solution for a wall wart or other switcher
that is spewing trash from 500 kHz to 30000 kHz?  Is there some
combination of clamp-on or toroids or whatever shape that would fix
(for our purposes) say, 2/3 of switchers?  Has to be easy to install
and not outrageously expensive.  The kind of thing you can show to a
neighbor and say "let me run some of your wires through this" and get
good results most of the time?

Gotta be something.

Because it's ALWAYS switchers here.  Granted, some are in grow-ops ..
I mean grow lights, which is a harder fix (unless it's a wall wart!)
so keep it to wall warts.