Re: [RFI] Noise Measurements

To: <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Noise Measurements
From: "Jim Kennedy" <kennedyjp@cableone.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 17:34:11 -0000
FWIW. I use a "ham it up" down converter http://www.nooelec.com/store/ham-it-up.html along with a cheap dongle out of China and the appropriate DF antenna. SDR sharp software is used. Pretty much gives me DC to daylight coverage. Combined with a small laptop and of course adequate shielding of the electronics its been a very effective method of finding local noise sources from HF up into the Ghz region.

Jim
W7OUU

-----Original Message----- From: Jim Brown