[RFI] Philips Ballast Replacement

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Philips Ballast Replacement
From: "Carl Foster" <carlfoster@cactuscomm.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 20:48:06 -0700
I have done so much re-wiring of the house that we moved into three years
ago that I get the contractor discount at the local electrical supply house.
When I added a workshop I unknowingly bought commercial fixtures with the
notorious Philips ICN-43P2-N broadband EMI generators that double as
electronic ballasts. I snapped ferrite filters on the input and output wires
and the noise is still there from AM broadcast through 2-meters.

Has anyone found either a residential direct replacement or effective filter
for these units? They need to drive four T-32 lamps.

Carl  KB7AZ  Tucson, AZ