Re: [RFI] Ham App for 3-Phase Power Line Filter?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Ham App for 3-Phase Power Line Filter?
From: CR <ka5s@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2015 19:21:53 -0500
On 2/7/2015 12:18 PM, qrv@kd4e.com wrote:
Would this just-posted on BGMicro 440/250vac power line filter
resolve any problems in a Ham shack?

Power Line Filter 3Phase 36Amp Neutral Lines
I recall seeing a formula for derating a 3-phase filter for single-phase use; divide the current rating by the square root of three. I have a 200 A 3-phase Y that's UL rated for 480, and I'm tempted to filter the whole house -- after the main fuses. Heh.

I'll probably just use a smaller one on the branch circuit that runs the shack; the Big Guys are labelled at 2A of leakage current -- and the new Smart Meter might bill for reactive VA.

Cortland