Re: [RFI] Zapped

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Zapped
From: "qrv@kd4e.com" <qrv@kd4e.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 20:16:13 -0500
I remembered that I had a tiny handheld counter & ran that
around our microwave as it heated a cup of water.

It picked up a very weak signal at about 1.2gHz within
18" or so & that's it.

A far more sensitive device would be necessary to detect
and display the interplay between very weak 2.4 and 5gHz
signals from wifi devices in laptops, the microwave, and
the router.

I just updated the router OS so will try to observe any
changes to the vulnerability to the microwave.

David KD4E

--

*David* KD4E
ARES-EC Bulloch County, Nevils, Georgia USA

Safe & Secure Search Engine: duckduckgo.com