Re: [RFI] RFI in CyberPower 1400VA / 840Watts UPS

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI in CyberPower 1400VA / 840Watts UPS
From: Randy Farmer <w8fn@tx.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 17:06:14 -0500
I don't recall the model number, but I flat blew up a CyberPower UPS of similar rating a couple of years ago. I never heard any RFI from it but the first time I fired up the 500W amplifier on 12 meters it gave a "crack" sound and spewed a small shower of sparks from somewhere inside. It never worked again. I replaced it with an APC model that's worked fine ever since.

73...
Randy, W8FN