[RFI] Internet Modem / Router Cable Length and RFI

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Internet Modem / Router Cable Length and RFI
From: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 00:53:04 -0400
All:

I'm about to relocate the wireless router in my home which currently sits next to my internet modem connected with a short run of CAT5. Relocating the router will lengthen the CAT cable by 40 feet so I'm a bit concerned about RFI birdies, noise etc.

That said, I was wondering if it's better to relocate both cable modem and the router to the same location to keep the CAT cable short. I would then have to lengthen the coax cable for the modem instead of the CAT cable.

The question is: which setup has more potential for RFI?

Thanks

73, Tony