Re: [RFI] SDR, Software Defined Radio?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] SDR, Software Defined Radio?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 10:17:04 -0700
I've not had a radio of the sort you describe, but I do own a K3 with P3 that allows me to do that with a max bandwidth of 200 kHz centered anywhere it can tune. It has I/O for transverters, and I have one for 2M.

I DO find it quite helpful in identifying the generic type of noise that I hear - that is, arcing, or electronic, computer clock or free-running device like a SMPS. There's no doubt in my mind that a SDR with broadband display capability and good adjustability of sweep width would also be quite useful if it, and the computer used with it, were sufficiently portable and free of noise itself.

73, Jim K9YC