Re: [RFI] Comcast/Xfinity X1 service

To: "dave@nk7z.net" <dave@nk7z.net>, "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Comcast/Xfinity X1 service
From: Bill Price <billp7634@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 12:03:32 +0000 (UTC)
I personally don't care for Comcast internet service. You see, the problem with
Comcast internet service is that the bandwidth is shared by all your
surrounding neighbors that also use Comcast. Sure, it CAN be fast if no one
else is on but you. But that 45 Mbps download speed that Gary (WA6FGI) alludes
to (I'm positive he had a typo as he said 45 Gbps) is sure to be bottlenecked
down when all your neighbors and neighborhood kids get home from school and
start downloading videos and songs and podcasts. That's why I have DSL. I pay
for MY bandwidth and do not share it with anyone except those that are on my
network. I am paying for "up to 45 Mbps down and up to 6 mbps up." I always get
in excess of 50 Mbps down and right at 6 up.
Bill      W5LO