Re: [RFI] LED lighting

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] LED lighting
From: "Hare, Ed W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 15:23:18 +0000
We haven't done any of that sort of thing, David.  It's hard enough to find the
time to test the products we test.  Unfortunately, there is probably little
that can be done about such QC problems. FCC is hard pressed to act even for
blatant rules violations like the grow lights, though we aren't letting that
bone go.  There is no way in the world we can approach FCC and say that there
may be problems. Their take is that if there is the occasional failure, it
should be addressed on a case-by-case basis.   The manufacturers aren't even
known in some cases, and the distributors won't care because they are not
getting enough returns to warrant any concern.