Re: [RFI] LED lighting

To: KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>, "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] LED lighting
From: "Hare, Ed W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 17:55:45 +0000
I would think yes, but the hard part is convincing the FCC that they need to
worry about a hypothetical scenario.  The EMCom communications generally are in
theory designed to accommodate existing regulatory noise levels, so the FCC
would claim that the EMCOM communications systems are robust enough that they
should function anyway.

FCC has been very clear about their interpretation for harmful interference to
Amateur Radio and any justification we give them would have to be based on
Amateur Radio, not other services.