Re: [RFI] [Bulk] Re: Electric Fence pulsing (will get worse soon !)

To: <w2ttt@att.net>, "'dalej'" <dj2001x@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] [Bulk] Re: Electric Fence pulsing (will get worse soon !)
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 14:26:42 -0300
1.8MHz to 144MHz.....lower you go, the worse it is.  6m is moderately worse
than 10m or 15m, but that's only because I have a 6el yagi on that band,.

On 160m the pulses are on average 10/s9.....on 20m, on average s7......on 6m
(with the beam) about s3-4....on 2m with a 17el yagi, s1 or 2

I do use all HF bands and am a very active contester; that's why this is so
gosh-darn frustrating. If I was a casual DXer or ragchewer I might not be
quite so bothered.

I don't own an aircraft VHF (AM) receiver (nor is anything available
anywhere in Canada unless I want to spend more than $200 on amazon.ca for a
PL-660SLV), but did take a regular Grundig SW band handheld radio over there
last night, but without an attenuator, beam or S-meter, was unable to narrow
down where the pulses might be coming from when listening around 9.85MHz.
It's like the whole fence is radiating when I check with the handheld, but
when I use the various directional antennas I have the pulses are DEFINITELY
stronger up closer to his paddock/house, than they are directly behind my
house.   I guess that's probably because there is almost no voltage in the
fence close to me.

Mike VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey
Keswick Ridge, NB