Re: [RFI] RFI Digest, Vol 151, Issue 13

To: Stanley Zawrotny <k4sbz.stan@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI Digest, Vol 151, Issue 13
From: Howard Lester <howard220@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 18:05:47 -0400
> Jim,
>
> >>Another point -- by all means contact the installer and manufacturer and
> demand that they fix their problem, and at their expense. Any product or
> system that fails or does bad things in the presence of RF is defective.
>
> 73, Jim K9YC
>
> I am unclear about this. It is my understanding that the person causing an
> RFI problem (me) is the one who is responsible for correcting the problem.
>
> Stan, K4SBZ

​
​Stan, you are correct. The method by which you accept responsibility is to
contact the installer and manufacturer to have them fix the problem
​ due to their alleged poor design with regard to being so affected by RF​
. I would first, though, check its manual or label to see if it says
anything about "accepting" RF interference to its intended operation. In
lieu of all that, you could follow Jim's advice and affix the appropriate
toroids to the units and/or wiring.
​ ​

Howard​

​N7SO​