Re: [RFI] 40 Meter RFI Issue

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] 40 Meter RFI Issue
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 13:00:15 -0700
On Fri,8/28/2015 11:59 AM, Michael Coslo wrote:
I have an RFI Problem, on 40 meters. Using a FlexRadio

What model of Flex Radio? Any electronics between antenna and radio? It might be that some electronic stage is getting overloaded by out of band signals. Do you see/hear anything like this when you tune far outside the bands?

I don't know Flex Radios at all, so others would have to provide more specific advice relating to the radio. I do recall though that older and/or lower cost models lack a pre-selector or tuned front end, making their input (A/D?) more susceptible to overload.

73, Jim K9YC