Re: [RFI] New bulb? Acandescence in Finallly bulb

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] New bulb? Acandescence in Finallly bulb
From: CR <ka5s@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 02:11:12 -0400
I just had a message returned as "The message's content type was not explicitly allowed," probably from leftover scraps of html;

I'll try sending it again.

On 9/12/2015 11:16 PM, Kuert, KD7JYK wrote:
operating frequency was 27.12 MHz if I recall correctly.  As I recall there was
an oscillator at one end of a long tube,

When I was quite a bit younger (1956) my folks had a UV tanning lamp using a sealed quartz tube containing mercury. A free-running 117L7GT oscillator on the 27.125MHz ISM frequency vaporized the mercury for a good UV tan. However, raw AC on the plate and no power transformer didn't make for a friendlier RF neighbor.

Here;s what Finally(tm) did with their design:
http://www.digitaltrends.com/home/new-acandescent-lighting-technology-just-efficient-led-also-considerably-cheaper/

As these use RF they fall under Part 18.    From the Finally Web page:

*/RFI/*/. Do Finally bulbs cause any Radio Frequency Interference?/ Our lamps are designed to meet the relevant limits for residential use set by the FCC. They are tested for both conducted and radiated emissions as required by Part 18 of the FCC regulations.
http://finallybulbs.com/frequently-asked-questions/

http://www.arrl.org/attachments/view/News/80421 (FCC Part 18 Marketing Violations By Home Depot. Mike Gruber, W1MG July 7, 2015)

http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?SID=7b0088215a3d2a08be1315db6f517447&mc=true&node=se47.1.15_1107&rgn=div8 (Part 15 conducted limits) <http://www.arrl.org/attachments/view/News/80421>

Cortland - KA5S