Re: [RFI] Yaesu G-800DXA Rotator - RFI mitigation

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Yaesu G-800DXA Rotator - RFI mitigation
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 13:18:24 -0700
On Mon,9/21/2015 10:21 AM, Brian Moran via RFI wrote:
Has anyone else used a G-800DXA rotator/control box in a high-rf environment?

I've not seen this issue with the slightly larger G-1000DXA rotators in my system, although perhaps it's there and I didn't identify it. :)

The first thing I would do to try to mitigate this is to wind 5-6 turns of the rotator cable through a #31 or #43 toroid at the shack end. It might also help to do the same up on the tower.

Whatever you do, please share the results here to add to our data. :)

73, Jim K9YC