Re: [RFI] Fence wire material advice

To: Juan EA5RS <ea5rs@ono.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Fence wire material advice
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 14:35:59 -0500
I use a fence as part of the ground system for my shunt-fed tower on 160 m.
What I notice most is that there is much less difference in the tuning in dry
vs wet soil conditions. I interpret that as indicating the fence has a positive
effect. My fencing had a black paint applied (that wears off quickly). I've
measured continuity from end to end so there are no breaks. I have no A-B
before and after signal measurements. If the fencing is truly insulated, such
that there's no end-to-end continuity, it may not work as well.

Kim N5OP

"People that make music together cannot be enemies, at least as long as the
music lasts." -- Paul Hindemith