Re: [RFI] cops zero in on noisy grow light ballasts

To: Joe Wolfe <w7rkn.7@gmail.com>, RFI@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] cops zero in on noisy grow light ballasts
From: John Brosnahan W0UN <shr@swtexas.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 18:46:47 -0600
Joe,

RE:    ARRL and National Association for Amateur Radio

I understand your concern about confusion with the name, but I would only question the capital letters, because the name American Radio Relay League is a bit quaint. When I was first license in 1959 it did not seem to be all that relevant to the actual role of the national organization, even though I even made BPL once. While traffic WAS relayed at the time, it was such a small percentage of what hams do and needed in a national organization, that the name seemed inadequate at best. And certainly difficult to explain to non-hams.

In 2016 the name is even less relevant to what the role of the national organization is now about. While I am a traditionalist in many senses of the word, I would not be against the ARRL changing their name
to better reflect what it is they are and what they do.

Just google "National Association for Amateur Radio" and you will see it reference the ARRL and used to explain what the ARRL actually is not only on social media but by the ARRL itself.

2 cents worth.

73  John W0UN