Re: [RFI] UVerse WAP VEN501-AT Interference

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] UVerse WAP VEN501-AT Interference
From: Clark Macaulay <clark.macaulay@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 16:15:45 -0500
This is an update and the last post to this thread.  May others benefit
from what has been done here.

The more diagnosis I did, the indications were that the WAP was the culprit
and not the wireless receivers.  At the suggestion of Chuck AE4CW, ferrites
with 5T each were added to BOTH ends of the CAT5 cable between the Arris
modem and the WAP and to power cords for the WAP and modem but CLOSE to the
WAP/modem and not the power supply.  This removed most of the offending
signals.  There is still a trace of the signal from the WAP but, like most
things today, we can't get rid of all of it except on the moon.

Thanks to all who suggested choking the CAT5 cables.  I would have never
thought to do that.

73,

Clark WU4B