Re: [RFI] RFI chasing. and cable leaks.

To: <jimk8mr@aol.com>, <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI chasing. and cable leaks.
From: Joe Wolfe <w7rkn.7@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 08:59:50 -0800
Heh...

Jim.  Love it!  *Friendly persuasion!*

Joe - W7RKN

-----Original Message-----
From: RFI [mailto:rfi-bounces@contesting.com] On Behalf Of jimk8mr--- via
RFI

This brings to mind my favorite "how to get their attention" story.

A few years ago, I found an broken side mount insulator on a power line at a
bend in the street, not far from my QTH. The high voltage line was laying
across the low voltage service line to the house across the street. I called
and left a message with my power company contact, but a after a few days
(including a weekend) nothing happened.

So I called back and left a message like "I hope you can get this fixed,
because I'd really hate to have to take time off work to come downtown to
testify in court that you knew about this and did nothing to fix it."

The next day it was fixed.