Re: [RFI] Topband: Tecsun 660

To: "ka5s@earthlink.net" <ka5s@earthlink.net>, "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Topband: Tecsun 660
From: JW via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 13:12:25 +0000 (UTC)
      From: Cortland Richmond <ka5s@earthlink.net>
 To: rfi@contesting.com
 Sent: Monday, March 14, 2016 4:06 AM

On 3/13/2016 1:52 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
> Not surprising -- the TH-F6A has pretty poor sensitivity below VHF.
Jim,

It's been years since I tested mine – before it died – but as I recall,
it was quite sensitive in the HF range – if you use a 50 ohm signal
generator. A short whip is something like 10,000 ohms of impedance and
not very much capture area so you'd expect poor performance with those.

Cheers,

Cortland KA5S