Re: [RFI] Broadband RFI...

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Broadband RFI...
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 10:53:35 -0700
On Tue,5/31/2016 6:10 AM, Dave Cole wrote:
Could someone expand on this please.

Here's an applications note I wrote for NCJ. Part One ran in the last issue, Part Two runs in the next.

k9yc.com/KillingReceiveNoise.pdf

Comments appreciated -- additions, critical, etc.

Dave, I STRONGLY recommend that you study your noise in an RF spectrum plot (as opposed to audio spectrum). The RF spectrum often yields far more clues. One of the first things you must do is determine whether you have impulse noise or electronically generated noise. If it's electronically generated, we must chase it at the frequencies where we hear it. If it's impulse noise, we can apply classic power line techniques to finding it.

73, Jim K9YC