Re: [RFI] Wot the heck!?!?!?!?!?! 40 meters

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Wot the heck!?!?!?!?!?! 40 meters
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 18:36:10 -0400
I'm hearing something similar, but the frequencies differ a bit with the noise centered around 7.200 and extends +/- about 10-15 KHz. It is on the 80 and 160 bands and peaks around ever 60 to 70 KHz. It's much stronger as you go lower in frequency. I've added nothing new, same computers, same 3 KVA 120 VAC true sin wave line conditioner. Same computer and printer in my wife's office.

Amplitude seems to vary from around S5-6 in the daytime to ten to twenty over in the evenings. It just kicked up to about ten over on 7.206.6 at somewhere around 5:30. I was typing and not watching to catch the exact time. I've not hooked up the Spectrum Analyzer (SA) to look at the spectrum. Unfortunately I don't have anything up at the moment that I can turn. I've only checked the spacing on 40.

I do have a new neighbor to the S. I hope it's not there. She want's nothing to do with her neighbors.

I killed everything in here including the network and modem with no change. There are so many UPS's that it's difficult to make sure everything is powered down. Even then, making sure ea UPS is not operating can be difficult.

73

Roger (K8RI)