Re: [RFI] Solar RFI and the FCC

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Solar RFI and the FCC
From: Dave Cole <dave@nk7z.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 06:56:53 -0700
On Wed, 2016-08-10 at 20:49 -0700, KD7JYK DM09 wrote:
> Don't waste time with them.  Inform them once.  Give them a reasonable
> time frame to resolve it.  If it took them a day to install it, they
> should have it resolved in a day (excluding shipping time of necessary
> filters).  If not, then report them, it's not your job to waste time
> on them unless they pay you for it, in fact, once it's resolved, send
> them a bill, you've put a lot of work into figuring out their failures
> at your own personal time, expense and misery.

Respectfully, that might not be the best approach...  Take a look at the
link to the ARRL EMC Committee report, and read the sections on FCC
enforcement to see what you are up against first...  I would gauge how I
related to Solar City based on past performance of the FCC.

Link:
http://www.arrl.org/files/file/About%20ARRL/Committee%20Reports/2016/Jul
y/Doc_18_0716.pdf

--