Re: [RFI] Frequency Shifting RFI

To: dave@nk7z.net, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Frequency Shifting RFI
From: Tom Thompson <w0ivj@tomthompson.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 19:49:55 -0600
Hi Dave,

When I look at the video, it starts with lower resolution and then clears up so I can read the frequency scale. Nevertheless, the scale goes from 3920 kHz to 3995 kHz and the RFI sweeps about 30 kHz. By the way, I am not seeking speculation as to what causes the RFI; I just posted this to illustrate the value of an SDR with a panadapter over a conventional receiver for tracking it down.

73,   Tom   W0IVJ