Re: [RFI] computer screen rfi

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] computer screen rfi
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 00:30:59 -0800
Hi Kostas,

Two possibilities. 1) Direct radiation from the computer or the display. 2) Radiation from the cables connected to the computer or the display or both.

Easy fix for #2 -- see k9yc.com/RFI-Ham.pdf and the applications note on k9yc.com about killing receive noise. Multi-turn ferrite chokes on the cables. No easy fix for #1 -- it's a design defect of the noise-generating product. You've got to junk one or the other, depending on which is the culprit.

73, Jim K9YC