Re: [RFI] Mobile K3s/P3 RX only?

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Mobile K3s/P3 RX only?
From: "David Robbins" <k1ttt@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2016 00:02:01 +0000
I agree with staying isolated from the vehicle electrical system.  I have
used a laptop and SDR-IQ with a small loop with good success.  In the car I
can also plug the sdr-iq into my hustler mobile mount for more sensitivity
for wide area searching.  I just wrap the usb cable between the laptop and
sdr-iq through a ferrite to block some of the computer noise, but otherwise
it runs independent of the vehicle and can be carried by hand just about
anywhere.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net
AR-Cluster node: 145.69MHz or telnet://k1ttt.net:7373