Re: [RFI] RFI Digest, Vol 169, Issue 4

To: Wes Stewart <n7ws@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI Digest, Vol 169, Issue 4
From: Howard Lester <howard220@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 13:28:30 -0500
Hi Wes,

I hope all’s well back/down there. I would look at one of the Philips LED
bulbs. For what it’s worth, I bought one in an A19 style and have no RFI
troubles with it. (I tested it against the AM broadcast band with a sensitive
radio held within a foot of the bulb. I’m not testing against HF.) Mine’s a
so-called warm white at 2700 K, though still may have a bit of a green tinge to
it; it’s hard to tell. (Part of its light reflects off a green wall!)

Specifically mine’s a 100 watt equivalent (14.5W actual), 1500 lumens and is
non-dimmable. (I wonder if that matters, RFI-wise.) Maybe their 90W+/-
equivalent floods won’t produce RFI, either. I got mine at Home Depot.

Howard N7SO