Re: [RFI] FCC issues a Notice of Violation to Solar City for RFI Intefer

To: WD8ARZ <wd8arz@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] FCC issues a Notice of Violation to Solar City for RFI Inteferance
From: Robert Nobis <n7rjn@nobis.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 11:04:46 -0700
Hi Mike,

Thank you.

When we first moved to our neighborhood eight years ago there were only nine
other houses in this new subdivision. None of us had solar power then. Since
then, about seventy other houses have been built, and in the last two to three
years about 75% of the houses now have solar power and nearly all of these are
from Solar City.

During the last two to three years I have seen the background noise level here
increased by about 9 to 10dB, and have felt it was primarily due to the Solar
City installations. I have on several occasions called Solar City, and they
have come out and looked at the systems at my two closest neighbors. Each time
they claim everything is good, even though I can show them the noise level.

Anyway, your identifying the “optimizer” as an issue should help me.

Thank you.

Bob Nobis
n7rjn@nobis.net