[RFI] Solar Panel RFI

To: <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Solar Panel RFI
From: "Tom Lizak" <k1tl@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2017 13:25:02 -0400
Unfortunately for me, I have three homes nearby that have  solar panel
installations....one next door (south) (200' from my tower), one to the NE
about 1200' away and one just two lots over from that house.

All this is RFI filtering is of no value to me as all these installations
are permanently installed and I do not think that the neighbors will be
dishing out $$$$$$ to have the panels taken off to install the RFI filters,
etc. As we all know,  the problems are with the "optimizers" and I know
there are some out there that are "RFI clean".

Unfortunately, I have to live with this now as the majority of the RFI
trash is in the 6m band with a very LARGE birdie @ 50.098MHz...this pretty
much is in the middle of the 6m DX band area...I get S6+ RFI trash on the
whole band when these panels are going "full bore.

K1TL...