[RFI] Need Solar. Photo Voltaic System info

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Need Solar. Photo Voltaic System info
From: Ray Benny <rayn6vr@cableone.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 15:25:57 -0400 (EDT)
To all,

I am looking into a PV solar system for my home and would like input and
experience with systems that have no RFI issues. I have read the QST article
describing the fix for the Solar Edge Optimizer and do not want to go thru that
effort! I called the ARRL and was told that the Solar Edge is for sure a RFI
generator.

So far I have bids from two of the top National Solar PV companies: SunRun who
is associated with Costco, and SolarCity, who is/was associated with Home
Depot. Both sales persons stated that they cannot modify a contract with any
kind of clause putting the burden of fixing RFI issues on them.

I am working with two local, independent Solar companies, and they are willing
to look into the RFI issue to some degree. One sales person did send me spec
sheets on the inverters they use, and info on micro inverter solar panels.

I'm in somewhat of a time crunch since APS - Arizona Power Service is changing
the rates paid for home generated solar power on Sept 1. This change will take
away much of the incentive/savings for home solar systems.

What I'm looking for from this group is input from those who have installed
home solar systems, or who have done research for RFI free systems. I'd even
like some of the details, mainly the type of inverter, central or micro
inverters, manufacturers info, etc. If some are know to be RFI free, I can ask
the local solar companies to bid on those units. One comment, micro-inverters
are the newest technology in converting the DC power generated to AC. Systems
installed 5 - 10 years ago usually used one central inverter, and I think,
those generally did not generate RFI.

I'm looking forward to your input and wish to thank you for helping in my
research.

Tnx & 73,

Ray,
N6VR,
Chino Valley, AZ
(near Prescott)

PS, does anyone know of existing RFI analysis/studies of home solar systems?

--
Ray,
N6VR