Re: [RFI] ARLB025 FCC Seeks Comments on Technological Advisory Council R

To: Joe <w7rkn.7@gmail.com>, rfi@contesting.com, w2ttt@att.net
Subject: Re: [RFI] ARLB025 FCC Seeks Comments on Technological Advisory Council Recommendations
From: w2ttt <w2ttt@att.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2017 00:28:24 -0500
Gentlemen,1. There is no "big money" backing the ARRL.  We should be so lucky
as to be rolling in a bounty of money from such a commercially attractive
enterprise, even as a non-profit hobby and service.
2. The Parity Act clearly had unintended consequences, and it is a blessing
that Sen. Nelson mistakenly came to our "rescue", so that we can revisit the
issue properly at later time.
3. The FCC TAC proposal is out for comments by the public through the end of
January and reply comments through mid-February.  Put together coherent
comments and submit them.  If you don't write well, then get your club
together, or even a buddy or two, and share your ideas.
4. I am an ARRL Life Member and I receive a very wonderful membership journal
each month.  I keep them on a shelf for a few months and then give them away to
those who might be interested in getting their license along with other helpful
and attractive ARRL-produced flyers which are provided by the League at NO
CHARGE online, or for a nominal shipping charge if printed and shipped.  These
flyers work very well in bringing in new Hams who get on the air in a variety
of modes and activities.
Finally, I had the opportunity a year or so ago to contribute to my employer's
comments to the FCC TAC's Noise Inquiry.  Further, I happily observed that the
corporate interests of my employer were well aligned with those of the Amateur
Radio community, and with the ARRL and the Society of Broadcast Engineers.
Let's take a look at what is being proposed, and make our comments once again.
We may get what we need, but only if our objectives are expressed in a sensible
and forthright manner
Vy 73,Gordon Beattie, W2TTT 201.314.6964

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, an AT&T 4G LTE tablet
-------- Original message --------From: Joe <w7rkn.7@gmail.com> Date: 12/5/17
21:58  (GMT-05:00) To: rfi@contesting.com Subject: Re: [RFI] ARLB025 FCC Seeks
Comments on Technological Advisory
  Council Recommendations
Not RFI related, but the same inaction and endorsement by the ARRL.  (And
reason I will no longer support them.)

It seems to me that the ARRL is now being backed by big money.  The bill
winding its way through the halls of our esteemed (sic) leaders, you know,
the one that is supposed to give hams more options on antennas at their
residences and to restrict what HOA's can demand of us?  Well, the ARRL came
out supporting it and several attorneys have dissected it and found that in
fact, the damned bill will take away what few legs we have to stand on, as
it is.

This FCC 'study', backed by the ARRL, is a blatant step in the wrong
direction.

INMNSHO, the ARRL has no interest in us, the amateur, any longer.  Don't get
me started.  The membership fee has gone up and we no longer have a magazine
to put up on the shelf.  Seems to me their cost should have gone down
substantially, yet I saw no reduction in my fees.

Stuff them.  I even told them in a nice, civil, letter, Two months ago!  Not
even the courtesy of an  "up Yours".  Yeah, they care.

My foot...

Joe - W7RKN