Re: [RFI] Power spectrum analyzer

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Power spectrum analyzer
From: "Dave Cole (NK7Z)" <dave@nk7z.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 07:40:33 -0800
For an example of what you can expect from that setup see:

https://nk7z.net/sdr-rfi-survey-p1/

73s and thanks,
Dave
NK7Z
http://www.nk7z.net

On 12/14/2017 09:22 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but DC to AC inverters that don't make a lot of RF noise are hard to find.  A better solution is a low cost SDR that can run on the USB port, and find a laptop that's RF quiet to run the software. In addition to being cheaper, they're also far better spectrum analyzers in many ways. Several specific recommendations here.

  http://k9yc.com/KillingReceiveNoise.pdf
http://k9yc.com/KillingRXNoiseVisalia.pdf

73, Jim K9YC