Re: [RFI] The FCC's Class B Standards

To: Leonard Halvorsen <lhalvors@pppl.gov>
Subject: Re: [RFI] The FCC's Class B Standards
From: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 20:25:51 +0000
Only the FCC logo is REQUIRED to be on the device if it is Class B, home
and small office.  The statement and other regulatory information, more
times than not, is contained in the 'User's Manual'.  Most have a
regulatory section devoted to this kind of stuff.  If there is no FCC logo
on the product, assume it is either Class A (Industrial) or the supplier
doesn't know much about the regulatory world and required markings (no
attehtion to EMC/RFI).  This is based on some 30 years of doing EMC/RFI for
a living.  What I write is from experience.  When we had a real FCC, things
were very different!!!!

If it is from China or the PacRim, just assume it has not been tested nor
any attention paid to EMC/RFI.  I have read many,.....many,.....bogus
'reports' on Chinese products, many of which are assembled from other
products and piece mealed from other reports and really don't even apply.
I've also experiencef many, . . . . many, .  . . . .  instances of false
labeling from China.

Bottom line:  1)  When you shop for something, take a battery operated
radio with you and request a test of the item.
                   2)  It's hard to find otherwise, but don't buy if the
electronics or products are 'Made in China".
                   3)  Don't buy if in the inttruction manual or posted on
the product, "Made of Foreign and Domestic Parts".  That's a
                        license for Chinese switchers with, again, no
attentioin paid to EMC/RFI.

However, the biggies like Apple and the like know the game and are usually
to be trusted (except for their wall warts).

I realize all this reads rather negative, but its reality these days!  Just
believe me ! ! !

Dave - WØLEV

*Dave - WØLEV*
*Just Let Darwin Work*