Re: [RFI] Fauted Circuit Indicator RFI

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Fauted Circuit Indicator RFI
From: "Dave Cole (NK7Z)" <dave@nk7z.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 14:40:26 -0700
If you can get a snapshot of the RFI on an SDR, or Spectrum Analyzer, I would love it for the RFI Snapshots page at:

https://www.nk7z.net/rfi-snapshots/

73s and thanks,
Dave
NK7Z
https://www.nk7z.net

On 03/28/2018 12:00 PM, Chris L. Parker wrote:
Hello Group,

Looking for any information or past experience with RFI caused from Faulted
Circuit Indicators (they look like bob-weights, about the size and shape of a
soda can) attached to overhead distribution lines to indicate circuit faults.

Currently experiencing almost continuous 120Hz buzz, hash, rasp, sparking RFI
from 3 such units recently installed on 16kV distribution lines across the
street from my QTH. RFI from these units has been verified with RE-250
ultrasonic pinpointer by the RFI Inspector from the local electric utility.

Units are Power Delivery Products FCI Load Tracker Low Profile LM, on older
conductors about 3 miles inland from Pacific ocean. Called manufacturer, they
have had sold thousands, and have had no complaints.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Chris Parker
AF6PX