Re: [RFI] solar panel filters

To: k1ttt@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [RFI] solar panel filters
From: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 23:02:10 +0000
Ferrites are better suited at reducing RFI at 30 MHz than low HF.  I am far
more concerned about 160, 80, and 40-meters, and of course, 20.1 MHz that
30 MHz.  Inverters and built-in or added after the fact optimizers produce
less and less energy as the frequency is increased.  Ferrites become less
and less effective as the frequency is decreased.  Yes, there are special
mixes of ferrites that are effective at lower frequencies, but not easily
available from your corner store.

Dave - WØLEV

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 6:32 PM, David Robbins <k1ttt@verizon.net> wrote:

> 'optimizers' are built into the inverters and are just part of the
> circuitry controlling the power flow from the panels to the lines.  and not
> all optimizing inverters are noisy, I have 27 of them here and it took all
> of 3 ferrites on each one to clean up the little bit of noise I could hear
> when beaming at the array on 10m.
>
> David Robbins K1TTT
> e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
> web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net
> AR-Cluster node: 145.69MHz or telnet://k1ttt.net:7373

*Dave - WØLEV*
*Just Let Darwin Work*